Become a Strong Christian
- READ YOUR BIBLE DAILY. The Bible is your spiritual food. Just as you need physical food to sustain physical life, you now need spiritual food to nourish and nurture spiritual life. God refers to His Word as “milk” and “bread” and “meat”. We grow in Christ as we read, memorize, and meditate on the Word of God. The Gospel of John is a good book to begin with. Ask God to help you to understand what you read as He speaks to you through His Word.
- PRAY regularly. Through prayer, we speak to God. We should thank and praise God for His many blessings, and especially for saving us. He invites us to bring our concerns, trials, and cares to Him and leave them. Prayer is essential to Christian growth.
- FELLOWSHIP WITH OTHER CHRISTIANS. Ask the Lord to lead you to a good church that believes and teaches the Bible so you can be taught the important doctrines of the Bible. Becoming a member of a good church will also allow you to get to know other believers in Christ. You can be greatly encouraged to grow in the Lord if you make the people of God your best friends. When in the Philadelphia area, be sure to visit and fellowship with us.
- WITNESS TO OTHERS. This means that you should be willing to tell others about what Jesus has done for you. God can use your testimony to bring others to know Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord of their lives. So don’t be afraid or ashamed to tell others about Jesus.
- OBEY CHRIST BY BEING BAPTIZED. The Bible clearly teaches that those who trust Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of their sins should be baptized shortly thereafter (Matthew 28:19-20). Baptism signifies that you are not ashamed to identify with Jesus in His death, burial, and resurrection.